As hard as it is to say goodbye to summer – and what a summer we have had – we can’t help but get excited about autumn and the gorgeous new wardrobe that comes with it.
What we love most about fashion at this time of the year is that you only need a few key pieces to help elevate your current wardrobe, which is why we’ve selected five of this season’s must-have trends that will help you do just that.
Keep on reading to see our top picks from the stores at St Nics. Happy shopping!
The Mac is Back
Your faithful companion, the classic trench coat, has made its return like it always does. There’s a reason why the trench always comes back around – it’s the perfect lightweight jacket to layer up with and beat the autumnal chill plus, it is oh so chic! Choose from a wide range of styles, from sleeveless and leather-look to shorter lengths and an abundance of shades. This is one Mac you won’t be leaving home without.
- Primark Belted Midi Trench Coat £40.00
- Primark Sleeveless Trench Coat £25.00
- Next Threadbare Trench Coat £45.00
- New Look Black Leather-Look Trench Coat £49.99
Now, you may already have midi dresses in your wardrobe from the summer – perfect! All you need now is to add a long sleeve top underneath or layer up with cosy knitwear and pop on a pair of chunky boots, and there you have it – hello autumn! If you don’t, fear not, we’ve picked our fave dresses for you to lust over; check them out below.
- Next Fuller Bust Tie Waist Midi Shirt Dress £42.00
- Brand Max Michael Kors Maple Grove Print Dress £108.00
- Primark Printed Shirt Midi Dress £15.00
- New Look Orange Floral Long Sleeve Tiered Hem Midi Dress £33.99
Colour isn’t just for summer, oh no! This season, we will see knitwear be bolder than ever. Be brave – layer up with bright knits and add texture with various patterns, and if you’re feeling fearless, a colour clash will always make you stand out from the crowd. Sometimes a pop of colour is all we need to lift an outfit (and our spirits) up.
- Next Crew Neck Jumper £22.00
- New Look Bright Orange Textured Knit Ruched Long Sleeve Top £15.99
- Next Cosy Crew Neck Jumper Red £18.00
- Primark Argyle Pattern Knitted Vest £10.00
- New Look Blue High Neck Long Sleeve Jumper £14.99
We love how versatile tailored trousers can be worn. Perfect for the 9-5 working day with boots or heels and a cute blouse. And then transform the look for the weekend with trainers and a graphic tee for an effortlessly cool style. Whether you opt for a wide leg or a more tapered look is up to you – you just can’t go wrong with this piece.
- New Look Navy High Tie Waist Trousers £25.99
- Next Self Belted Wide Trousers £44.00
- Primark Wide Leg Cargo Trousers £17.00
- Primark Wide Leg Trousers £17.00
- Next PU Faux Leather Taper Trousers £40.00
These Boots were Made for Walking
Step into the new season with the latest boots. We love the biker and laced-up styles to toughen up pretty dresses for a 90s grunge look, and you can’t beat an over-the-knee boot to elongate your legs. This autumn, we aren’t messing around when it comes to footwear.
- Next Forever Comfort® Chunky Rubberised Knee High Boots £56.00
- Next Black Forever Comfort® Sock Over The Knee Boots £60.00
- Primark Chunky Heel Chelsea Boot Ecru £17.00
- Deichmann Graceland Winter (Stiefel) Black Lace Up Ankle Boot £39.99
- Brand Max Firetrap Hatti Biker Boots £50.00
- New Look Black Leather-Look High Leg Chunky Boots £47.99
Prices are correct at the time of publishing.