Company/Dept: KM Facilities Management Group
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Days of Work: 5
Location of vacancy: St Nicholas Shopping Centre
Reporting To: Project Services Manager
Responsible For: Handyman
Coordinate the daily up-keep and smooth running of all fabric elements within the Shopping Centre, including the appointment and supervision of contractors working on site.
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained with Contractors on site at all times.
- Ensure the up-keep of paintwork and woodwork, including ordering of goods and services where required.
- Carry out weekly, monthly, 3 monthly and 6 monthly checks in accordance with operational requirements and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Use specialised equipment such as Access Platform, provided full training and certification is in place.
- Perform high-level cleaning of roofs, drains and guttering around the Shopping Centre and Car Park.
- Issue passes and permits to Contractors working in public as well as private areas in order to comply with Health and Safety Regulations.
- Maintain security access systems by liaising with the Security team, where required.
- Investigate fire alerts in the Centre and monitor life safety systems by liaising with emergency services, where required.
- Produce monthly reports for the Centre Manager and maintain record keeping.
- Liaise with Contractor, Landlord Agents, Insurance Surveyors or any other Stakeholders, where required.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of using maintenance, security and car park systems.
- Demonstrate a solid track record of managing fabric jobs, including painting, carpentry and general maintenance.
- In-Depth knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations.
- Previous experience of supervising Employee/Contractors.
- Certificate of Access Platform, PAT Testing, Ladders and Stepladders.
- Previous experience of manual handling, operating equipment and conducting risk assessments on property sites.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident, with a professional attitude, coupled with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to use initiative in proactively seeking solutions to problems arising from day-to-day work, taking into consideration the Health and Safety implications, needs of the business and/or any other relevant factors.
- Focused on the delivery of customer service.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position and feel that it is your next step, then please send your CV to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
KM Facilities Management Group does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation.