To ensure a safe and secure environment for members of the public, occupiers and staff at the centre, together with providing the best possible customer service at all times. As a Duty Manager you will maintain the day-to-day running of security and cleaning team and any other associated tasks as detailed by the Centre management, to ensure that the security, maintenance and cleaning requirements of the site are maintained at all times, maintaining an excellent image and high standards of professionalism is delivered at all times.
Mains Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide a safe and secure environment for all staff, occupiers and customers. This will include overseeing all departments – Security, Cleaning, Technical Services, Car Park and Health and Safety through the smooth and efficient operation of the Control Room and proactive on site management.
- To ensure the best customer service is provided at all times.
- To manage and be fully conversant with the Control Room Procedures.
- To manage and control the Fire and Emergency Procedures and to co-ordinate the evacuation of the scheme where necessary to include fire and bomb threats.
- To carry out a thorough daily walk round of the development prior to opening, so as to highlight any cleaning, marketing/events, security, health and safety and technical issues. Report issues to the relevant departments.
- To be fully conversant with all life support systems, which will include the fire intruder alarm system, fan systems, smoke vents, fire sprinkler system and BMS system.
- To supervise the co-ordination and control of visitors/contractors within the centre and the issue of ‘permits to work’ in liaison with the Operations Manager and the Dual Services Manager.
- To manage and control the Car Park routines and procedures outside trading hours ensuring good customer service is maintained.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory requirements including health and safety.
- To manage and control 2-way radios and public address equipment.
- To manage the operation of the basement on a daily basis to ensure all service corridors and fire exits are clear and free from obstruction at all times.
- To liaise with emergency services, local authorities, government bodies as required.
- To ensure the smooth hand over of information between shifts, detailing previous and/or current issues, to maintain good communication between all departments at all times.
- To ensure that record and reporting systems are accurately and efficiently maintained. This will include the Control Room, Reception, Car Park and statements.
- To be conversant with the Data Protection Act, and the preparation of video evidence for the presentation at court.
- To ensure defects are reported to the attention of the Operations and Dual Services Manager.
- To liaise and assist with the smooth running of events and maintain good communication with the Events and Marketing department.
- To identify and recommend training needs to the Dual Services Manager for action.
- To monitor contractor staffing levels (Cleaning & Security) and ensure sufficient cover during busy trading periods and special events.
- To monitor contractor staff performances, time keeping and work standards at all times.
- Occupier liaison – to establish good communication with all occupiers to ensure good working relationships at all times.
- To provide first aid cover as necessary.
- Day to day liaison with occupiers on all aspects of Retail Risk Management
- To liaise with the Security and Cleaning when dealing with serious incidents which have an impact on the scheme that would require senior management/authorisation.
- To carry out duties and tasks as specified by the Operations Manager to assist in the smooth running of the centre and provide written reports where necessary.
- To undertake all other reasonable requests from management as required.
- To remain flexible and react to the needs of the business at all times.
- Managed small team
- Experience of working in shopping centre/leisure environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic health and safety
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Reliable with excellent time-management skills
- A commitment to providing first class customer service
- A SIA DS licence is required
- A PSS (CCTV) Licence is essential
- ISOHH trained or willing to train.
- Knowledge of licensing
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act
- Cash handling experience
- Event management
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work within team or on own
- Customer Focused
- Good time manager
- Good communicator
- Able to follow procedures
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Understanding of shopping centre environment
- Experience of accurate record keeping and ensuring follow up is carried out
Willingness to work outside normal working hours, to include weekends and bank holidays as part of the normal working rota.
Hourly rate is up to £10.25. Mixture of days and nights 7/3, 7/4 shift pattern.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 19th May 2017.